Ads
Ads

Ads

Ads

Ads

Ads

Ads

Ads

Ads




  • FAD + flyash

    FAD + flyash
    lexington KENTUCKY

    suckerPUNCH: describe your project

    rives RASH: these are planters made from fly-ash, a byproduct of burning coal. the designs are drawn and built by students from uky-cod (university of kentucky college of design) fad elective (fabrication and design). the goal of the class is to discover a drawing technique and use it to design a product (in this case a planter) and then produce it.

    image: carrie WAHL and justin TRIMBLE

    it offers a 360 degree angle at designing digitally with material, machines, scale, and time in mind to fabricate a finished part. the only stipulation to the class is to incorporate fly-ash as the main material of choice. the mixture here is an 86% fly-ash with the other 14% the additive (water, citric acid, and koh). special thanks to the center of applied energy research (caer).

    images clockwise form top left: myra SHUFFETT and warren WEAVER, keith STONE and terry DRIGGS, matt KNOWLES and william PRUITT, carolyn PARRISH and michael HAAS

    , ,

  • Leave a Comment

    Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.